Are you based abroad and looking to relocate to the UK? Not sure where to start?

We understand making the move to the UK is a big decision, that’s why when you decide on moving, you should feel comfortable in the knowledge Athona will provide step-by-step guidance through every aspect of your relocation.

We’re here to make the process run as smoothly as possible.

To be a qualified teacher in England, you must have qualified teacher status (QTS).

If you completed your teacher training outside of England (excluding Wales) you can obtain QTS by submitting an application to The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL).

This includes teachers who qualified in; Scotland, Northern Ireland, the European Economic Area (EEA), Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America (USA).

If you are from outside the EEA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA, you will need to complete additional accredited training before you are able to obtain your QTS and take up a teaching post in England.

For further information and advice on teaching in the UK, please visit here.

For our clients, we always start our search for sourcing exceptional candidates here in the UK. However, as the teacher shortage increases, we have started to take our search internationally.

This allows us to widen our network and confidently continue to find our clients the very best teaching professionals.

If you’re looking to work in the UK or a client looking for overseas recruitment solutions, get in touch with our recruitment team today on +44 (0)1277 245840 or via email.