Posted August 29, 2023
Currently we have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Adult Acute Consultant to work for a private inpatient service based in the East of England. This is a full-time role, working on a 14 bedded female acute ward.
Your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment, where you’re fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and a first-class multidisciplinary team (MDT).
This hospital is serviced well by mainline trains from London, with a commute of just 25 minutes from the heart of London.
Salary: £150,000 per annum
Position: Adult Acute Consultant
Hours: 40 hours per week & 1:6 second on call
Setting: 14 bedded female acute ward
Location: East of England
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds & clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management & embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers’ hearings & attend hearings
- Participate in the 1:6 Second Telephone on-call rota
What benefits are on offer?
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave and support with CPD opportunities
- CPD programme and peer group
- Opportunities to engage in research, audits, QI and publish it in ‘The Cygnet Journal’
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation and health checks
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Fully GMC registered with a relevant medical qualification
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.