Posted September 12, 2023
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Specialty Doctor to work for a private inpatient service based in the North West. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care on a 16 bedded mixed acute ward.
The general working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00, with no on-call responsibilities.
Salary: £60,000 per annum
Position: Adult Acute Specialty Doctor
Hours: Part time 30 hours per week
Setting: Mixed acute ward
Location: North West
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Management of admissions and discharges.
- Day to day management of patients on the ward including undertaking risk assessments, MDT liaison, outcome measurements and physical health review.
- Prompt mental health assessments, reports and clinical summaries. The post holder must have proficient ICT skills to use our electronic records system (Carenotes) and produce reports.
- Participation in audit, research, quality and performance management and other clinical and professional activities.
What benefits are on offer?
- Free on-site parking
- Supplemented meals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday – Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs) up to £3000 (Terms apply)
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- A medical degree (MB ChB or equivalent)
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- A minimum of one year’s experience in mental health
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.