Posted May 11, 2023
Job title: Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Band: Band 8
Hours: Ad-hoc basis – long days and night shifts available
Rates: £40-48 per hour dependant on hours and day working
To be considered for this role you need a minimum of 6 months NHS experience within the last 2 years.
Athona’s Nursing division is currently recruiting for agency nurses for shift work, with an opportunity based in Teddington Urgent Treatment Centres. You will be working adhoc shifts as a band 7 Advanced Nurse Practitioner for an NHS Trust. The role will be predominately positioned in Urgent Treatment Centres that requires an individual who can be an autonomous practitioner registered with the NMC as Registered Nurse and relevant previous experience working in this type of position.
This role is ongoing at present.
To be considered for this post Band 7 ANPs applicants will need :
- Top to Toe Health Assessment Needs Module
- Minor Illness and Major Injuries module
- Non-Medical Prescribing (desirable) expectation to work on PGDs
- Ability to assess, diagnose, teat, manage patients presenting with minor injury including referral to X-Ray and X-Ray interpretation
- Suturing and Suture/Staple removal
- IRMER/Red Dot Training
- General Wound Care
- Administration of medication via IM injection / SC injection
- NHS Smartcard holder with experience in SystmOne or Rio patient record systems
- Sepis Training
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call, ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £200 for every nurse recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.