Posted 4 days ago
Our Essex based client are currently recruiting for a Band 6/7 Occupational Therapist to work within elderly, medical, orthopaedic and emergency in – patient ward areas.
The post involves:
- Carrying out functional assessments and interventions with ward in-patients to facilitate safe and timely discharge.
- Liaising with other therapy staff across a group of wards and providing cover to those wards if necessary.
- Identifying rehab potential and care needs making appropriate referrals as needed. Liaising with the wider MDT.
- Providing day to day support to junior and non-qualified staff.
The ideal candidate will have good post graduate experience within a similar acute hospital ward setting. Experience of assessment and discharge planning. Broad range of clinical skills including medicine and elderly care. Desirable – experience of ordering equipment for discharge.
Monday to Friday 8:00 to 16:00
Requirements include: HCPC registration, recent experience within the NHS, enhanced DBS, two current references and the right to work in the UK.
Contact us now for:
* Excellent hourly rates of pay, with prompt weekly payments.
* Locum, fixed-term or permanent contracts throughout the UK.
* Industry-recognised revalidation and appraisal support team.
* Refer and earn rewards through our unique incentive scheme.
* Financial contribution to your CPD.
* Occupational Health and mandatory training support.
* Fast-track registration.
Athona holds Tier 1 status with an abundance of NHS Trusts nationwide. If you can’t see a position that’s right for you, get in touch with the team today on 01277 217777.
Athona Recruitment’s AHP division provides professional recruitment solutions for Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists as well as Therapy and Rehab Assistants.