Posted November 11, 2022
Job title: Speech & Language Therapist
Band: Band 6 or 7
Hours: Flexible working hours
Salary: Negotiable rates of pay/£35-£50 an hour dependent on experience
Athona’s AHP division is currently recruiting for a new locum opportunity based in Surrey. You will be working as a Paediatric Speech & Language Therapist, for an NHS Trust.
We are currently looking for a 2 locum Band 6/7 Speech and Language Therapists who have experience in working with children and young people with communication needs for 2 x 5 days per week posts within our Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Team. The therapists must have experience of the following:
* Information gathering and writing reports to contribute to Education, Health and Care Plans
* Working with CYP from 3 – 19 years of age
* Completing dynamic assessment (formal and informal) for language and social communication needs, both remotely and within a setting (home/nursery/school)
* Working collaboratively with parents and mainstream nurseries and/or schools
* Working within a special school setting.
* Working with children/young people who have moderate learning needs.
The posts are available from September 2022 until the end of December 2022in the first instance, with likely potential to extend until March 2023.
One role will be based at a special school in Chessington for 3 days per week and our Head Office in Surbiton for 2 days per week to fulfil community based work.
The other role will be based across 2 x specialist settings (1 special school and 1 specialist resource provision based at a local mainstream school) for approximately 3 days per week combined with community based work for 2 days per week.
The therapists will be working closely with other SaLTs, SaLTAs and one of our Team Leads
In order to be considered for this post applicants will need:
- HCPC registration
- recent NHS experience
- enhanced DBS
- right to work in the UK
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.