Posted September 23, 2022
Job title: Occupational Therapist
Specialty: Child Mental Health
Band: Band 7
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday 9 -5 (potential for 4 long days)
Athona’s AHP division is currently recruiting for a new locum community based opportunity in Swindon.
You will be working as a Senior Mental Health Practitioner providing assessments and interventions to young people who present in crisis.
- To provide interventions to young people at the general hospital alongside offering telephone support to professionals, carers, family and young people who are contacting the service in crisis.
- To provide daily duty rota, complete risk assessments, care plans, clinical notes and crisis plans where needed.
- Attend Multi agency meetings as and when required for the patents we support.
- Provide specific interventions to young people accessing our service.
- Contribute to the Initial assessments for children referred to the service
- Provide consultation and advice to professionals.
The proposed hours of work for this role are 9-5 Monday to Friday, however 4 long days will be considered for the right candidate.
Please note that due to the community setting of this role candidates will need their own transport.
In order to be considered for this post applicants will need:
- HCPC registration
- recent NHS experience
- enhanced DBS
- right to work in the UK
- Experience in a similar role
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.