Posted November 3, 2023
We have an excellent Permanent opportunity for a CAMHS Consultant to work for a private inpatient service based in the South East. This is a part-time role in which the postholder will be responsible for providing medical and leadership for a 11 bed general CAMHS ward.
Salary: £170,000 per annum
Position: CAMHS Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Child and Adolescent mental health unit
Location: South East
Supported by a multidisciplinary team, with their wealth of experience, crafts personalized treatment programs using a wide range of therapies to support the holistic well-being of the service users.
As a full-time CAMHS Consultant, you will be at the forefront of psychiatric care, offering inpatient treatment and clinical leadership. You will work closely with our dedicated Multidisciplinary Team to ensure safe and effective service delivery.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the Consultant and Responsible Clinician within the Multidisciplinary Team
- Taking overall responsibility for patient care and treatment plans
- Timely assessment of referrals, conducting comprehensive assessments, and collaborating with patients, external stakeholders, and carers
- Chairing MDT/CPA Meetings and adhering to organizational admission and discharge policies
- Preparing and supervising reports for Mental Health Act Review Tribunals & Managers Hearings
- Contributing to unit governance through expertise and leadership
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- MBBS or equivalent Medical Degree and MRCPsych
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice
- Registration on the specialist register with CAMHS CCT/CESR, along with valid AC Status
- Experience and knowledge in CAMHS
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, as well as the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Practice
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Desirable to have significant experience in inpatient CAMHS and treating disordered eating
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 30)
- Birthday off
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care settings.
- Free car parking
- Supplemented on site meals
- Employee benefits scheme (e.g., discounted shopping vouchers, interest free Apple Products loan scheme)
- Full onsite induction training and orientation programme
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.