Posted November 10, 2023
Currently we have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a CAMHS Specialty Doctor to work for a private inpatient service based London. This is a part-time role, providing psychiatric care two days per week on a private CAMHS ward.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Position: Child & Adolescent Specialty Doctor
Hours: Part time – 2 days per week (15 hours)
Setting: Private inpatient CAMHS ward
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertake psychiatric and external assessments for clients referred to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided, under the direction and supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist, and work with the unit multidisciplinary team to ensure delivery of the Care Programme.
- Prepare discharge summaries, reports and other associated documentation as necessary e.g. for CPA meetings, as directed and supervised by the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Participation in learning activities and supervision.
- Participation in Clinical Governance activities, and account for contracted hours utilised in research, Continuing Professional Development and other non-clinical duties as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Working effectively with colleagues to ensure that clients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times, which will require participation in an on-call rota for the site.
- The post holder will be expected to support the GP in delivering physical health care and emergency treatment to patients in complex care.
- To support the RMO and GP in delivering a consistently high standard of medical care to all patients on site. Be responsible for inducting new RMP’s and providing cover for them when they are on compensatory rest periods.
- Share responsibility for taking bloods with the site phlebotomist and RMO as necessary.
- Arrange appropriate clinical tests and investigations and take responsibility for chasing up results and acting on them in a timely manner.
- Ensure physical observations by ward staff are carried out in accordance with medical instructions. Review physical observation findings and act upon them in a clinically appropriate manner
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing by a further 2 days after 5 year’s service.)
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care
- Free Parking on site
- Supplemented meals on duty
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Long service awards
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full GMC registration
- 12 months’ adult psychiatry experience
- Relevant experience within a similar setting (preferred)
- Proven record of CPD
- Previous mental health inpatient experience desirable
- A positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development (preferred)
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act (preferred)
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent (preferred)
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.