Posted September 7, 2022
28 hours per week.
A fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of care assistant at our assisted living service. Our service ensures housing, social, health, support and care needs are met, within independent fully supported flats. Also we aim to reduce isolation and encourage social stimulation, maintain relationships, make new ones and meet the needs of a diverse community.
Our responsibilities will include:
- Assisting residents with their daily personal care needs whilst promoting their dignity and individuality
- Helping residents with their hygiene, mobility and physical comfort
- Supporting residents to maintain social connections, activities and liaising with families.
- Reporting to our dedicated nurse team regarding any illness, accident or event incurred by our residents, colleagues or visitors
- Undertaking observations of our residents and document this as necessary in their care plans
- Offering ongoing comfort to our residents who may be ill or requiring care at the end of their life, whilst making sure that their religious or cultural needs are fulfilled.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a genuine interest in caring for vulnerable people.
- Have experience of providing support to others in a work, voluntary or personal capacity.
- Be able to work flexibly and in a busy environment.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate with customers, their families and friends and giving accurate feedback to the management team
- Be eager and willing to undertake further necessary training
- If you have an NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care that would be great, but is not essential.
- Salary: £11.19 Per hour
- Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Our In-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
NO Sponsorship – It is NOT available for this role!
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.