Posted 6 days ago
£12 per hour
37.5 hours Per Week!
Working as a Care Assistant is not only varied and interesting, it’s incredibly rewarding. Our elegant 64- bed Care Home offering residential, nursing and dementia care near Chelmsford in Essex. Our residents are at the heart of everything we do and we would like talented people to join our team to share in this vision
Assisting our residents with their daily personal care needs whilst promoting their dignity and individuality
- Helping our residents with their hygiene, mobility, and physical comfort
- Ensuring that our residents eating and drinking needs are met
- Reporting to our dedicated nurse team regarding any illness, accident or event incurred by our residents, colleagues, or visitors
- Undertaking observations of our residents and document this as necessary in their care plans
- Offering ongoing comfort to our residents who may be ill or requiring care at the end of their life, whilst making sure that their religious or cultural needs are fulfilled
What you will need to succeed
- Have a genuine interest in caring for vulnerable people
- Show personal or professional experience of caring for others
- Be eager and willing to undertake further necessary training
- Have an NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care (would be great, but it isn’t essential)
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Take up to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rota’d depending on hours worked)
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.