Posted 1 day ago
Job title: Community Occupational Therapist
Specialty: Care of the elderly
Band: Band 6
Location: Tower Hamlets, East London
Hours: Mo- Fri 09:00-17:00
Athona’s AHP division is currently recruiting for a new locum opportunity based in East London.
The post involves working as part of the Trusts Older Person’s Clinic and some remote working.
The post involves working with the Older Person`s Clinic Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday you will work as part of the Integrated Discharge Hub helping to discharge patients from out of borough hospitals and step down beds
Key Skills Required:
- To provide specialised client-centred occupational therapy assessment and intervention to clients who are resident in the community
- Good problem solving and clinical reasoning skills-to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan designed to prevent readmission to hospital and reduce the impact of disability
- To have good knowledge of a range of special equipment/adaptations and to assess the need of this in line with the eligibility criteria set out by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Social Services.
- To be responsible for provision of equipment, conducting a risk assessment and any necessary training.
- To use specialised therapeutic moving and handling skills in the assessment and treatment of clients, including providing advice and training to client/family/carers on correct handling techniques, having undertaken specialised manual handling risk assessments.
- Assessing patients from out of borough hospitals and step down beds for safe return home or other facilities.
- Good knowledge of community services.
In order to be considered for this post applicants will need:
- HCPC registration
- Recent NHS experience
- Enhanced DBS
- Right to work in the UK
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.