Posted November 8, 2023
Athona would like to invite applications for a full time Consultant Neuropsychiatrist post, with a special interest in Acquired/Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation working for a private service in South West. We would also welcome applications from General Psychiatrists, Liaison Psychiatrists and other Consultant Psychiatrists who have a specialist interest in Neuropsychiatry and / or Acquired Brain Injury rehabilitation.
There is also the possibility of appointing to the site medical director position, which is ideal for those looking for a first management role or for those who already hold medical management responsibilities within their current portfolio.
Salary: £160,000 per annum (£10k pa if appointed to Medical Director position)
Position: Consultant Psychiatrist (Neuropsychiatry)
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Inpatient setting
Location: South West
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the multidisciplinary team that undertakes assessments for admissions to the service within our partner acute hospitals
- Providing outstanding neuropsychiatric care linked to national guidelines and working in collaboration with community mental health services
- Leading the multidisciplinary team in the care and treatment of our patients, including weekly ward round review
- Attend family meetings, case review meetings and discharge planning meetings as required
- Practise evidence-based care through national standards and guidelines
- Provide supervision to their allocated junior doctor
- Prepare for and participate in external reviews (CQC, Quality Network reviews); liaison with NHSE and participation in local networks and pathways
- Attendance, and contribution to, the Active Care Group Neuro clinical governance meeting.
- Participate in service development, through research, innovation and local audit.
- Continue strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly our partners in the NHS
- Supervision and support of the site based junior doctor.
- Engagement in National Networks
- Ongoing personal development through CPD and annual appraisal (and adhering to the GMC’s “Good Medical Practice”
What benefits are on offer?
- Medical indemnity paid by service
- Annual leave of 32 days (plus bank holidays) pro-rata for equivalent service
- Birthday off
- Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
- Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline
- A Nest Personal Pension account
- Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family
- Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
- Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full registration with GMC with licence to practice
- MRPsych (Required)
- CCT in General Adult or Liaison Psychiatry or any other psychiatric CCT with evidence of experience working with adults with neuropsychiatric conditions
- Working within an inpatient rehabilitation setting treating those with neurological or brain injury (Desirable)
- Evidenced based practice
- Confidence in engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Patient centred, outcomes-based care
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.