Posted November 10, 2023
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a General Adult Consultant/Medical Director to work for a private inpatient service based in the North East. This is a full-time role, working on a 15 bedded female acute service.
Your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment, where you’re fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and a first-class multidisciplinary team (MDT).
Salary: Up to £165,000 per annum
Position: General Adult Consultant/Medical Director
Setting: 15 bedded female acute service
Location: North East
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Lead on all aspects of clinical practice & serve as an example of operational excellence
- Ensure optimal clinical outcomes for the people in our care
- Provide expert knowledge & support within the service & to the wider team
- Ensure quality & compliance with internal & external standards & regulations
- Work with colleagues to provide integrated, whole person treatment & care
- Coach, mentor & train colleagues
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive salary up to £160,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
- Up to £4,000 relocation package
- 32 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave, study budget and in-house CPD/ peer group programme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme covering 3x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Research opportunities to include publishing in The Cygnet Journal (Cygnet’s co-produced peer review journal) and joining the Cygnet Research & Development Group
- Teaching opportunities including teaching medical students, teaching on the Cygnet CESR programme and Cygnet MRCPsych programme
- Opportunity to lead and participate in QI & Audit initiatives
- Company Funded Cash plan with the ability to claim up to £1000 per annum worth of benefits including free Physiotherapy, Osteopaths, Optical, dental, consultations, scans and free prescriptions
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Cygnet Annual Medical Conference
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Fully GMC registered with a relevant medical qualification
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- An accomplished leader & clinician with strong line management & communication skills
- Experienced within a mental health setting and a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of clinical governance
- Skilled in medical appraisals, clinical supervision, case investigation & case management
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Lydia on 01277 286 033.