Posted August 25, 2023
Role: Senior health care assistant – Days
Rate: £13.48 per hour
Shift pattern: 37.5hrs a week
Athona’s Nursing division has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an outstanding care facility as a Senior health care assistant to work days and to join the team.
- Providing direct person-centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity always
- Administering medication.
- Assisting residents with social activities by interacting with them, encouraging them to continue with or take up new hobbies and activities such as those organised by the Activities Coordinator or assistants.
- Leading, supporting and mentoring the team of care assistants on shift and support the nurse on duty to organise and supervise their work
- Performing, reporting and recording, following training, clinical observations of residents’ temperature, pulse, breathing, height and weight.
- Obtaining urine, stool and sputum samples, as requested by the GP or RGN in charge.
- Performing simple urinalysis following training.
- Offering lean travel options, allowing you to spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loan and/or our Cycle2Work scheme
- Giving you plenty of annual leave, allowing you up to 29 days off each year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Providing fantastic development opportunities through your enrolment in One Academy, our in-house learning and development offering
- Paying you to give back to our communities through two fully paid volunteer days at our services
- Rewarding your hard work through our colleague recognition programme and a career break after three years of service
- Providing 24/7 counselling and support services to you and your family, and allowing you to claim back cash for some healthcare costs
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today. If this role isn’t quite the right fit, get in touch to discuss your requirements and register your CV.