Posted November 7, 2022
Job title: Occupational Therapist
Band: Band 6
Specialty: Community Mental Health
Location: North London
Hours: Full & Part time available
Salary: Negotiable rates of pay/£35-£45 an hour dependent on experience
Athona’s AHP division is currently recruiting for a new locum opportunity based in North London. You will be working as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist for an NHS Trust.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the secondary adult mental health community services at a time of innovation and service development. This role will be involved, as part of the wider team, in helping to adapt the existing service within the new transformation process. This process is in response to the NHS 5 year plan to develop mental health services round the Primary Care Networks and provides new opportunities which include developing partnership working with the voluntary sector, working more closely with GP practices and developing more innovative, community based and holistic ways of working. There are a number of clinical posts available within each of the three Core Community Mental Health Teams in Barnet.
To work as a member of the multidisciplinary Community Team, the role will require the post holder to:
* To provide effective care and specialist advice for people with psychosis and complex mental health needs and their carers, in order to support their wellbeing and recovery.
* To liaise with other agencies in planning and assessing programmes of care
* Provide formal, on-going clinical supervision and caseload management supervision to junior and less experienced community mental health staff, as directed.
* To undertake duties designed to extend clinical and managerial expertise as delegated by the manager when required. This will include deputising in the absence of the Senior Practitioner.
In order to be considered for this post applicants will need:
- HCPC registration
- recent NHS experience
- enhanced DBS
- right to work in the UK
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.