Posted November 11, 2022
Job title: Speech & Language Therapist
Band: Band 6/7
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: Full & Part time hours available
Salary: Negotiable rates of pay/£20-£25 an hour dependent on experience
Athona’s AHP division is currently recruiting for a new locum opportunity based in Milton Keynes. You will be working as a Speech & Language Therapist for one of our private clients.
Our client are an independent specialist school, offering 38-week day placements for students aged 7-19 years with Autism Spectrum Disorder, communication difficulties, challenging behaviour and related conditions or diagnoses.
The School consists of small class groups, creating a supportive and relaxing environment where students can learn and achieve their personal best.
Students have access to a diverse, multi-disciplinary clinical team. Having such a range of support available, delivered by experienced practitioners is a great benefit in supporting our individuals to remove barriers and to reach their full potential.
They are recruiting for and SLT to deliver the Speech and Language Therapy service for a defined specialist client-group, in line with contractual requirements and school / college priorities.
To autonomously manage a caseload of clients with complex needs and differential diagnosis, using evidenced based practice/client based principles to assess, plan, formulate, implement and evaluate interventions in a variety of settings (individually and/or in groups) and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
To work with the Point of Contact (POC) – Regional Clinical Lead and site manager – on a regular basis to agreed priority service actives and evidence delivery of these.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To deliver a service through direct and indirect work to meet needs of priority caseload in agreement with Regional Clinical Lead and site manager
- Therapeutic Activities
- Direct contractual needs e.g. EHCP
- High risk or priority cases as identified by handover, HPG or site manager
- Contribution to case management meetings for those identified high priority cases
- Initial assessments and reports in line with clinical care model
- Annual review reports and target setting for caseload as required
- Writing case notes according to policy, creation and monitoring of progress through target setting and use of outcome measures which align with the site process and documentation.
In order to be considered for this post applicants will need:
- HCPC registration
- recent NHS experience
- enhanced DBS
- right to work in the UK
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.