Posted November 11, 2022
Permanent Occupational Therapist
Position: Occupational Therapist
Band: Band 6/7
Job type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £41,659 – £47,672 per annum +£3,000 welcome bonus
Are you an Occupational Therapist looking for a new and exciting permanent role? Our AHP division has a position where you will get the opportunity to work for an outstanding private client of hours based in Cambridgeshire.
Hours: Flexible working hours offered.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the team in our highly regarded service. They are a 25 bedded unit in Ely providing rehabilitation to people with acquired brain injury.
In this role you will work as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team (including Therapy Assistants and Rehabilitation Support Workers) using the neurobehavioural model. The focus is to provide person centred rehabilitation that is evidence based.
This is a unique community based inpatient setting led by a consultant neuropsychologist. The service users may have a range of complex and challenging needs including cognitive, behavioural, physical and emotional difficulties following brain injury.
You will have scope to work with service users in a holistic way to address all aspects of recovery and to regain maximal independence including participation in social, leisure and vocational activities.
You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities including:
Webinars/ sessions run by leading neuropsychologists and other allied health professionals specialising in brain injury rehabilitation
External training courses depending on your individual learning needs (eg.cognitive rehabilitation, motivational interviewing, upper limb rehabilitation)
Regular supervision through the clinical lead OT
Peer supervision through regular trustwide OT meetings
Potential to explore research and postgraduate study
You will be able to work flexibly, creatively and autonomously
The ideal candidate will have:
* A diploma or a degree in occupational therapy and registered with HCPC
* The ability to work as an autonomous therapist with experience in neurological rehabilitation
* Ability to prioritise and manage a complex caseload
* Excellent communication and report writing skills
* Ability to formulate complex risk assessments
* Experience supervising and training others
* A valid UK driving licence
To be considered for the role, you must have the following:
- HCPC registration
- The right to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Exclusive access to new vacancies
- The best possible salary, and all negotiations taken care of on your behalf
- Stringent onboarding process
- Fixed-term contracts for candidates that are not on the specialist register
- All options will be made available to you
- Receive up to £150 for every permanent allied health professional you recommend
- Exclusive discount codes
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more. If this role is not quite the right fit, get in touch with us today to discuss your requirements and register your CV.