Posted November 11, 2022
Position: Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist
Band: Band 5/6
Job type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Athona’s AHP division is currently recruiting for a permanent Paediatric Speech & Language Therapist. This position will be working for an outstanding private client of hours based in Surrey.
We have a full time S< vacancy at our sites in Surrey. We will be looking for a band 5-6 perm candidate.
The role will involve working with students aged 16 – 25 years who have a learning disability, Autism and / or PMLD and some have dysphagia / eating and drinking difficulties:
* Eating and drinking assessments (to verify transition information) and training staff to eating and drinking competencies
* Assessment of low and high tech AAC, liaison with specialist hubs as necessary and staff training in total communication
* Delivering training and coaching to teaching staff
* Working with an MDT (OT, physio, nursing, creative therapies and positive behaviour support)
We would need someone with at least basic competencies in Dysphagia management.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- HCPC registration
- The right to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Exclusive access to new vacancies
- The best possible salary, and all negotiations taken care of on your behalf
- Stringent onboarding process
- Fixed-term contracts for candidates that are not on the specialist register
- All options will be made available to you
- Receive up to £150 for every permanent allied health professional you recommend
- Exclusive discount codes
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more. If this role is not quite the right fit, get in touch with us today to discuss your requirements and register your CV.