Posted September 7, 2022
Registered General Nurse
10 Month fixed contract – 37.5 Hours per Week
We are looking for a Registered General Nurse to work in our elegant 75-bed Care Home. The home offers residential, nursing and dementia care and puts their residents at the heart of everything they do.
As our RGN, your role will range from purely clinical care to wider emotional and social support where nurses play a crucial role in improving customer health and well-being. Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide
Your role would include:
- Assessing the residents’ physical, psychological, social and emotional needs
- Administering care and medication
- Maintaining patient records and developing care plans
- Supervising and training junior Nursing Staff
- Fully supporting the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a registered General Nurse (Active NMC pin)
- Have previous experience in a similar environment – Desirable
- Have previous experience with Dementia Care- Desirable
- Annual leave entitlement equivalent to 29 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each
- We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our community
- With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family24/7.
- Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.