Posted November 2, 2023
Athona Recruitment have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Rehab / Neuro Consultant to work for a private inpatient service based in East Midlands. This is a part-time role, providing psychiatric care to 15-25 patients at a neurobehavioral rehabilitation hospital.
The ideal candidate would have a neuropsychiatry or rehabilitation background, but further training in these areas could be negotiated at interview. The service is small, friendly and dynamic, with a strong emphasis on rehabilitation as opposed to long-term care and a commitment to this approach is as important as qualifications on paper. There is a second part-time doctor on site.
Salary: £92,714.04 per annum
Position: Rehab / Neuro Consultant
Hours: Part time 22.5 hours per week
Location: East Midlands
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the multi-disciplinary team
- Owning and taking responsibility for the legal
- Leading the weekly MDT ward round
- Authorising leave within and from the hospital grounds for each patient detained under a legal framework
- Clerking new patients on admission.
- Prescribing medication where appropriate for an ABI caseload
- Liaising with the GP around physical health care and prescribing
- Participation in a quiet 1:2 on-call rota. Attendance on site out of hours is an extremely rare occurrence but RCs should live within a reasonable driving distance from the hospital
- Preparation of reports (where required) and attendance at:
- CPA and other review meetings
- Mental Health Tribunals and Managers’ Hearings
- CHC and DST meetings
- Best interests meetings
- Family meetings
- Coroner’s inquests
- Triaging referred patients and assessing where appropriate.
- Maintaining full GMC registration, RCPsych membership, AC and Section 12 approval. Participating in an active peer group and maintaining RCPsych Good Standing for CPD.
- Maintaining full medical indemnity cover (can be arranged through Priory’s in-house scheme with the MPS if wished).
- Completion of all Priory mandatory training.
- Participation in professional supervision.
- Completion of an annual revalidation appraisal from a Priory approved appraiser
What benefits are on offer?
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Supportive consultant peer group
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Company pension
- Relocation package will also be considered
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- MB BS or equivalent
- MRCPsych or FRCPsych or equivalent
- AC approval
- Full GMC registration, on the specialist register
- Rehabilitation or brain injury or neuropsychiatry experience
- Further qualification in neuropsychiatry
- Other relevant further qualifications
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.