Posted November 17, 2022
Renal Nurse – Haemodialysis Unit
So, you want to learn more about Registered Nursing opportunities within our Renal department? Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
The Dialysis Unit is part of a regional renal transplant centre with five Haemodialysis Satellite Units across the South West area. The renal unit also has an acute haemodialysis unit, an inpatient renal dialysis and renal transplant ward. As a nurse working in our service, you will be supported to learn the skills required to manage patients requiring renal replacement, both haemodialysis/haemodiafiltration and peritoneal dialysis, as well as gaining experience looking after those patients who have undergone a kidney transplant.
Development opportunities? You will develop expert skills in Haemodialysis and renal specialist care and have access to educational opportunities to attend renal specialist courses!!
We currently have opportunities available for:
- Experienced Registered Nurses with current NMC Registration
- Newly Qualified and Newly Qualifying Nurses
Main duties of the job
The Role: As a Staff Nurse within our department, key duties will include:
- Providing specialist nursing care for a group of patients with multiple complex needs with end-stage renal failure that requires haemodialysis, therefore requiring the use of haemodialysis technology
- Assessment and observation of patients and administering medication
- Opportunity to take charge of the ward with a Band 6 colleague to develop co-ordination and leadership skills
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.