Posted January 19, 2023
Senior Care Assistant
Days – 12 month fixed contract
£12.59 per hour
37.5 hours Per Week!
Working as a Senior Care Assistant is not only varied and interesting, it’s incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
- Providing direct person-centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity at all times.
- Administering medication.
- Assisting residents with social activities by interacting with them, encouraging them to continue with or take up new hobbies and activities such as those organised by the Activities Coordinator or assistants.
- To lead, support and mentor the team of care assistants on shift and support the nurse on duty to organise and supervise their work
- Performing, reporting and recording, following training, clinical observations of residents’ temperature, pulse, breathing, height and weight.
- Obtaining urine, stool and sputum samples, as requested by the GP or RGN in charge.
- Performing simple urinalysis following training.
What you will need to succeed
- Have a good level of IT skills and literacy.
- Be able to demonstrate specific knowledge of clinical care.
- Have care home or caring experience.
- Be willing to undertake further training.
- Have a Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care.
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Take up to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rota’d depending on hours worked)
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.