Posted September 21, 2022
Speech and Language Therapist in Pupil Referral Unit
Contract: Long term locum (previous post holder in position for three years)
Hours: Full time (although part time hours may be considered for the right candidate)
Rate: Up to £50 per hour
Are you a vibrant speech and language therapist looking to advance their career and shape the lives of young people?
Our Newham based client is a well-established and successful pupil referral unit providing education and support to students with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
The role involves working as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver targeted interventions across KS1 – KS4. The school values a multidisciplinary approach and you would be working closely with Educational Psychologists and CAHMS to deliver positive outcomes for pupils who have found mainstream schools challenging or that have complex behavioural needs.
The SLT role is vital for a significant number of students and the post would suit an experienced practitioner who understands the needs of vulnerable young people with SEMH.
The position would suit someone of NHS Band 7 equivalent experience, but the role could be flexible to support other bandings who share the vision of the school.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Admissions assessment screening
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including understanding and empathy
- Planning and delivering high quality, targeted interventions for social skills and vocabulary development on a 1:1 and group basis across KS1 to KS4
- Collaborating effectively as part of an MDT working with EP, CAMHS and support staff
- Contributing to whole school oracy development
- A commitment to positively impacting the development of young people
In return, the PRU offers a competitive rate, excellent links to the rest of the capital and supportive leadership with a consistent vision. You will be joining a friendly and supportive work environment.
If you enjoy working with young people, have initiative and work well as part of a team we would welcome your application.
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.