Posted September 4, 2023
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Addictions Associate Specialist to work for a private substance misuse service in London. This is a full-time role, where you will contribute to the service to ensure that service users consistently receive high quality services that adhere to the best guidelines and achieve high professional standards.
The general working hours are 9am – 5pm and there are no on call requirements.
Salary: Up to £116,820 per annum + £2,080.07 outer London weighting
Position: Addictions Associate Specialist
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Outpatient setting
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide a clinical assessment, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation, of a wide range of substance misusers presenting to the service, planning and delivering appropriate individually tailored treatment plans
- To keep accurate appropriate and up-to-date medical and administrative documentation including computer records
- To liaise closely with other relevant professionals and organizations including non-statutory addiction services, adult psychiatric services, general practitioners, medical colleagues, Social Services and Prison Services
- Provide specialist prescribing assessments to opiate, stimulant, tranquilizer, barbiturate, alcohol dependent clients, and those with novel psychoactive substance use, providing medical management and reviews of prescribed clients
- Be an active part of the management team to ensure service and organisational goals are met and that clinical standards are kept high
- Support nursing team to titrate patients safely on to a treatment regime and ensure that procedures are constantly reviewed to promote best evidenced based practice in accordance with CGL’s clinical guidelines
- Develop, review and audit recovery plans, provide health education especially in regard to harm minimisation, blood borne viruses and overdose prevention
- Provide training, advice and support to other clinical staff to ensure safe and effective service delivery
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Protected CPD time
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training
- Full GMC- UK Registration with License to Practice
- Over 3 years’ experience working in Substance Misuse as specialty doctor
- Evidence of participation in Clinical Audit
- MRCPsych or equivalent specialist post-graduate qualification in Psychiatry
- Good understanding and knowledge of addiction psychiatry including management of opioid substitution treatment, opioid and alcohol detoxification and post detoxification pharmacology
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Knowledge of the issues facing substance misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
- Ability to assess and care plan service users and formulate written reports as necessary
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.