Posted 4 days ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Support Officer in London. Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out assessment to identify and prioritise needs
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Develop and maintain positive links with key stakeholders
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Where required observe customers taking their medication & ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Ensure that the service complies with One Housing’s standing orders & financial regulations
- Adhere to One Housing’s confidentiality policies
- Provide a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department’s policies, procedures and approach
- Ensure customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service, and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation
What you will need succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrable experience of working within a supported living service within the mental health sector.
- Demonstrable experience working with vulnerable adults with challenging behaviours.
- Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus.
- Experience of promoting Equality & Diversity
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload. Must be able to work shift rota.
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your well-being in mind.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rota’d depending on hours worked)
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.