Posted January 13, 2023
37.5 hours – Early and Late Shifts – No works after 8:30pm!!!
Our young person’s service, is looking for a support worker to join the team! The service accommodates and supports up to 60 young people age 16 to 24yrs with various complex needs including young vulnerable parents and their babies/children.
We aim to provide them with the skills and tools that they need to live independently, we run workshops inc, cooking sessions, budgeting meetings with a financial advisor, training and employment skills sessions and groups with guest speakers on a weekly basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the service is running at exceptionally high standard and meeting all the service specification.
- Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, completing risk assessments and needs reviews usually spanning 3-4 cases at a time.
- Supporting young people between the age of 16 – 24 years old
- Support to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
What you will need succeed
- Previous experience of working with young people.
- Understanding of social media impact on young people’s lives.
- Able to manage challenging behaviour and conflict.
- Possessing a genuine passion of making a real difference in people’s lives.
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your well-being in mind.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rota’d depending on hours worked)
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.