Posted November 14, 2023
Role: Support Worker
Salary: £26,037 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Rolling rota Monday – Sunday – Early- 08:00-16:00, late- 13:00-21:00, & sleep-ins. Always at least 2 staff on site on average about 5 sleep-ins per month.
The location is a 12-bed supported living home, based in southwest London. It is an intensive supportive mental health service where we support customers with a range of complex needs including; Schizophrenia, Psychosis and Personality disorders. The service is based on recovery, supporting and promoting confidence to help customers to move on and live independently.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out assessment to identify and prioritize needs.
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support.
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
- Provide a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department’s policies, procedures, and approach.
- Ensure customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation.
- Set up and maintain customer files and ensure that accurate and up to date records are kept of support provided to customers in accordance with HCS policies
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Be eager to learn and develop
- Be compassionate
- Have experience and understanding of Mental Health
- Ideally come from a strong administration background.
- Have previous experience of supporting individuals with Mental Health
- Have prior experience in a support role essential
- Have experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in writing including the preparation of letters reports & file notes.
- Have knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation, government frameworks relevant to the customer group
- Understanding of safeguarding adults
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer a career break after 3 years’ continuous service
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today. If this role isn’t quite the right fit, get in touch to discuss your requirements and register your CV.