Posted November 8, 2023
Role: Team Manager
Hours: 37.5 hrs a week Mon- Fri 9am-5pm
Salary: £34,120 per annum
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise a mixed staff team and ensure the delivery of a high-quality service to complex needs young peoples supported living home in Islington
- Provide support and advice to staff with their day to day work and manage performance issues when and if they arise.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and staff are informed about the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities.
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring and taking action to address any performance issues.
- Ensure the implementation of the support database and that appropriate records are kept.
- Participate in the management on call rota.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision including; health and safety.
- Liaise effectively with partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure referrals and assessment issues are dealt with in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Ensure contract compliance, monitoring and service satisfaction
- Ability to promote customer involvement, choice and diversity
- Be proficient on electronic recording systems
- Actively promote the service to internal and external stakeholders.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is committed to achieving positive outcomes for all of our customers. The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant experience of working with young people and parents/families.
- Be adept at report writing.
- Have experience in liaising with the professional network, including close liaison with Social Services, Youth Offending Team (YOT), family courts, and safeguarding teams.
- Have a good understanding of parenting assessments as well as early years foundation.
- Have experience and understanding of child development
- Have previous management experience in a social care setting
- Good knowledge of safeguarding procedures for adults and children
- Experience of working within an assessment and support planning process relevant to the customer group
- Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today. If this role isn’t quite the right fit, get in touch to discuss your requirements and register your CV.