Athona recruitment are currently recruiting for registered Band 5 Nurses to join the dynamic team at the North Middlesex NHS Trust on a full time basis.
About the Trust
North Middlesex University Hospital is one of London’s busiest acute hospitals, serving more than 350,000 people living in Enfield and Haringey and the surrounding areas, including Barnet and Waltham Forest.
The Trust provides a full range of adult, elderly and children’s services across medical and surgical disciplines. Our specialist services include stroke, HIV/AIDS, cardiology (including heart failure care), haematology, diabetes, sleep studies, fertility and orthopaedics. Our sickle cell and thalassaemia department is nationally recognised as a leading centre for these diseases.
- The post holder will be designated on a regular basis to take charge of the ward/department in the absence of the ward manager or senior nurse after two years in post and on an occasional basis within the first two years in post.
- The post holder will work within and lead a clinical care team.
- The post holder will take personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that Trust and local policies and procedures are known and followed and will ensure duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practice set out in the NMC code of Professional conduct.
- The post holder will be responsible for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care.
- The post holder will take responsibility for the supervision and guidance of other staff including health care assistants and students on a daily basis.
- The post holder will actively contribute to the provision of a good learning environment by taking on the role of mentor/assessor for learners eg. Student nurses and support worker
The positions available are in the following departments;
- Acute medical Unit
- General Medicine Unit
- Care of the Elderly
Salary; up to £31,000 (Plus 15%)
- Registered Nurse NMC registration
- Right to work in the UK
- Previous experience in area of interest
- Good communication, organisational and time management skills
- Annual Leave
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Personal and Professional Development
- Staff Discount Brochure and Discounts Websites
- Local Staff Discount Brochure
- NHS Discount Websites
Why choose Athona?
* Exclusivity to jobs across all bands and specialities
* Specialist dedicated recruitment consultant
* Referral scheme
Athona Recruitment’s Nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in placing nurses in permanent and temporary positions.
- Job Reference: manny-Middlese-Nurse