Head of Biology Teacher to KS5
- Outstanding Central London School
- KS5 Biology and General Science
- Hugely popular Hackney Comprehensive
- Fantastic Science department.
- Could suit an ambitious Biology specialist who is looking for a promotion
This ‘Outstanding’ secondary school, which is based in central Hackney, require a Biology specialist teacher who is ideally a QTS holder, who will take over the timetable of a Biology teacher with KS5 classes included.
If you may be interested in this, please apply right away and ideally, we will discuss the role before I send your details over to the school.
- Qualifications/Professional Attributes
- Qualified Teacher Status (or working towards).
- First degree or equivalent.
- Relevant specialist qualifications and experience in your subject specialism with the ability to teach all key stages.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Commitment to improving practice through reflection, appropriate professional development and through being open to advice and feedback.
- Evidence of continuing professional development or relevant research.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of curriculum requirements and developments within your subject specialism.
- Evidence of commitment to the principles and policies of equal opportunities.
- Secure knowledge and understanding of a range of Assessment for Learning strategies.
- Secure knowledge and understanding of how to make effective personalised provision for all students, including those for whom English is an additional language and students who have special educational needs.
- The implications of the Special Educational Needs and Disability code of practice.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current educational developments in Science relevant to whole school issues.
- The challenges facing many learners in the inner city (Desirable).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to motivate students and colleagues to recognise and respond to the diverse needs of learners.
- Ability to design opportunities for learners to develop their literacy, ICT (PC and MAC) thinking skills within your subject area.
- Energy, enthusiasm, determination and an insistence on high standards.
- A sense of humour.
- A willingness to learn new skills and approaches and to share the experience with others.
- Ability to relate to students, parents and carers, colleagues and other partners.
- A passion for the value your subject can bring to students and a commitment to the ethos of the wider life of the Academy.
- Be able to work under pressure, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- To ensure the potential of all students is fulfilled by planning and delivering stimulating and challenging lessons which meet the needs of all learners.
- To maintain high expectations of students’ behaviour and achievement, and to establish excellent relationships with students.
- To monitor and record the progress of students using Assessment for Learning strategies and in accordance with Academy assessment policies.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of developments within your subject specialism.
- To work under the direction of the Head of Learning Area for Science to develop the curriculum.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the policies and practice of the Academy, including those designed to promote equality of opportunity.
- To contribute to the wider life of the Academy, including the planning and delivery of enrichment activities such as field and residential trips and extra-curricular clubs.
- To contribute to and build partnerships with parents, community groups and local organisations.
- To play a key role in supporting the development of the Academy’s Science provision.
- To ensure the science classrooms (including our well-equipped laboratories and prep areas) are purposeful, stimulating and safe learning environments.
- To undertake other duties, appropriate to the post, as may be reasonably required from time to time by the Principal and as may arise due to the needs of school.