Posted February 1, 2024
Athona Recruitment have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Forensic Specialty Doctor to work for the NHS based the West Midlands. This is a full-time role 10 PA’s. Supported by two Consultants with case load of 60 patients and MDT.
Salary: £52,530 -£82,400 per annum
Position: Forensic Specialty Doctor
Hours: Full time – 10 PA’s
Setting: Secure care and offender health team, working within the community based forensic outreach and liaison service, known as the FIRST team
Location: West Midlands
For this role, you will be responsible for:
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and the ability to work within a team, as well as being able to work in a flexible way with service users who have a range of complex needs. There are opportunities for continuing professional development, audit, research and teaching.
The successful individual will have full registration with the General Medical Council and substantial experience of clinical psychiatry. Experience of working in secure settings or with offenders would be ideal but is not essential as supervision and training will be provided as necessary.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Primary medical qualification
- Full GMC registration
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development
- Significant experience of psychiatry
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to clinical audit and quality improvement within multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness to be involved in management of service
- Able to travel
- Full driving licence
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 286 021