Posted November 3, 2023
Job Title: IT Support Analyst
Reporting To: IT Manager
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
At Athona we have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Analyst to join the business and be responsible for supporting all areas of our recruitment business.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Desktop Support Analyst will focus on responding to IT issues and escalations, resolve high priority infrastructure problems, focus on preventing emerging issues through pro-activity as well as assisting with and developing IT projects for departmental, companywide, and public facing solutions.
Each day you will be working with Athona’s infrastructure that comprises of industry standard server operating systems, virtualisation products, and the usual Microsoft suite of technologies associated with any leading organisation.
You will be required to have a good understanding of Microsoft Office 365, Multi-Functional printer scanners & follow me printing and bespoke database products, as Athona’s personnel use these for day-to-day operations.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting and developing solutions for IT related projects
- Assisting with planning the expansion of IT systems in order to meet company growth
- All IT systems including desktops, printing and phones. This would include maintenance, fault-finding, upgrades, security and office moves
- Contacting all external IT consultants regarding databases, website, telecoms, systems
- Reviewing IT inventory and purchasing requirements
- Minimising downtime through pro-activity and performance monitoring
- Keeping up to date with current technologies and be able to suggest new ways to introduce technology that would benefit the company and increase productivity.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally 2+ year’s previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Windows 10/11, Microsoft Office 365 suite and Microsoft Skype For Business
- Understanding of Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/TS/VPN/WDS/WSUS
- Experience with Exchange Mail Server and Mimecast administration (or similar software), desirable
- Laptop/Desktop role out, rebuilds and imaging
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Server 2016 and upwards, Microsoft Intune and an awareness of Microsoft Azure
- Previous experience supporting remote workers experience
- Understanding of Adobe Acrobat/Design Standard Creative Suite
- A broad understanding of networking technologies and principles
- An individual who is organised with a proactive approach to work.
What we can offer you?
- Personalised training and development and a career path for progression
- Regular incentives including trips abroad and monthly recognition schemes
- Working in an energetic, professional and modern environment, right next door to Brentwood station
- Hybrid working, with one day working from home a week
- Typical working hours will be 7am to 4pm (with one day working 8.30am to 5.30pm)
- Access to a quarterly bonus scheme
- Free parking
- 22 days annual leave (increasing with length of service), plus bank holidays
- A health plan and gym scheme.
Established in 2003, Athona is a renowned healthcare agency that is proud to support careers and services that matter. As demand in the markets has grown, so has our reputation. We have worked for years to hone our craft, getting better and better through every recruitment success story. Our skills have been sharpened, and our expertise has helped us to refine our processes to the point where we’re masters in what we do. Producing perfect results, every time. That’s what we call: The Art of Recruitment.
Interested? Simply apply here today or for more information about this position please contact Alva on 01277 246889.
*Due to a high volume of applications if you have not been contacted within 14 days your application has not been successful on this occasion.*