Compliance in the UK healthcare system has never been more important. Healthcare professionals need to meet mandatory guidelines to not only protect themselves, but also their patients.
All our candidates go through compulsory compliance screening prior to placement – but our in-house team are available for additional support as and when you need it.
To help you plan the documentation you’ll need to register with us, your dedicated compliance officer will be in touch. But our list is a good starting point.
Our head office is easy to find too, if you need to see us in person. Based in Essex, we’re just off the M25 or only a 35-minute train journey from London.
What you’ll need
- CV & Referee Details
- Passport/Visa/EU Settlement (if applicable) & Driving Licence
- Proof of address x2 (utility, bank statement dated within last 3 months)
- Original GMC/NMC/HCPC Certificate
- GMC/NMC/HCPC Annual Confirmation
- DBS registered on the update service
- Life support training (BLS, ILS, ALS)
- Mandatory Training
- Annual Appraisal
- Overseas police check (if you have lived/worked outside of the UK in the last 5 years)
- Professional Indemnity Certificate (if you hold additional cover)
- Proof of immunity to:
- Hep B showing titre levels of >100
- Hep C, HIV & Hep B Surface Antigen (if working in exposed role)
- Measles and Rubella (proof of 2 MMR vaccinations)
- TB- BCG scar sighting is acceptable
- Varicella (proof of 2 vaccinations)
We run compliance and training open days every month in various cities across the UK. We receive great feedback from candidates who enjoy the opportunity to meet the team, complete training, discuss revalidation or complete appraisals. Head to our events page to find out when the next open day is being held.
Our road-based compliance team can also meet you at a time and place that suits you. We regularly cover Essex, London, Kent, Surrey, Reading, Slough and Oxford. Prefer to schedule a meeting via Zoom? That can also be arranged.
Compliance is a process of checks we’re legally bound to undergo when you register with Athona.
It is a requirement of the NHS Employment Check Standards and national frameworks we’ve been awarded, which is designed to measure fitness to practice through pre-screening our candidates before they enter the workplace.
Simply put, it gets you to work more quickly. A fully compliant healthcare professional is very appealing to your employer – it shows you have been fully checked, vetted and are a safe option for their placement.
Our compliance officers will complete your pre-screening and welcome you to Athona. They’re responsible for completing priority compliance checks and getting you ready for work.
We understand plans change. If you stop working for us, your file is maintained for a minimum of 12 months, meaning you won’t have to repeat the complete process if you come back within this timeframe.
It’s possible to turn your file around in as quickly as one day with your full co-operation. It doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out process. We can make things happen promptly as soon as we receive your documentation.