Posted September 5, 2022
£11 per hour
36 hours – days/night shifts available
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Care Assistant in Kempston
- You will be assisting our residents with their daily personal care needs whilst promoting their dignity and individuality
- You will help our residents with their hygiene, mobility and physical comfort
- You will make sure that our residents eating and drinking needs are met
- You will report to our dedicated nurse team regarding any illness, accident or event incurred by our residents, colleagues or visitors
- You will undertake observations of our residents and document this as necessary in their care plans
- You will offer ongoing comfort to our residents who may be ill or requiring care at the end of their life, whilst making sure that their religious or cultural needs are fulfilled
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly.
The successful candidate will:
- You will have a genuine interest in caring for vulnerable people
- You will have personal or professional experience of caring for others
- You’ll be eager and willing to undertake further necessary training
- Having an NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care would be great, but it isn’t essential
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rota’d depending on hours worked)
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
Sponsorship is not available for this role!
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.