Posted November 24, 2022
Job title: Speech & Language Therapist
Band: Band 6
Specialty: Mainstream schools
Hours: Full & part time hours available
Salary: Negotiable rates of pay/£35-£45 an hour dependent on experience
Are you an experienced Speech & Language Therapist looking for an exciting new locum position?
Role: Speech and Language Therapist
Duration of Vacancy: 12 weeks or longer
Start Date: 01/12/2022
Hours per week: 37.5
Location: UB3 2PB
- To provide a specialist speech and language therapy service to children in mainstream schools who have an identified speech, language, communication need.
- To be responsible for providing specialist assessment, diagnosis & therapy packages into allocated schools.
- To train and support school staff & parents, in order for them to implement therapy advice effectively.
- To support schools with the early identification of children with speech, language and communication needs.
- To prioritise the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children at all times
- To support the service to achieve Key Performance Indicators and maintain Target Activity Levels
- To take part in/lead on audits and projects for the team/service
- To contribute to, and provide feedback about, possible developments in the team
- To provide buddying and informal support for less experienced staff
- To provide formal supervision for less experienced staff
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £150 for every allied health professional recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.