Posted September 13, 2022
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Support Worker in Hackney. You will be part of a small team supporting customers with Mental health to develop skills through holistic therapy approaches to develop the skills to progress into independent living. Providing care and support to patients through their admission and working to support a smooth discharge.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complying with all relevant policies & procedures, including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care, Equality & Diversity, the Code of Conduct etc.
- Carrying out assessments to identify and prioritise needs
- Using SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Providing a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department’s policies, procedures and approach.
- Ensuring customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service, and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation
What you will need succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of providing support to others in a work, voluntary or personal capacity
- A practical solution focused approach to problem solving
- A good understanding of Mental health, Alcohol and Substance abuse
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your well-being in mind.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (this is pro rota’d depending on hours worked)
- Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our health care cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. Our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Athona Recruitment’s nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that’s right for you.