Posted May 18, 2023
Role: Support Worker
Salary: £24,190 per annum
Shift Pattern: 37.5 hours a week Rolling rota Monday – Sunday – Early- 08:00-16:00, late- 13:00-21:00, & sleep-ins. Always at least 2 staff on site on average about 5 sleep-ins per month.
The facility is a 12-bed supported living home, based in Roehampton. It is an intensive supportive mental health service where we support customers with a range of complex needs including; Schizophrenia, Psychosis and Personality disorders. The service is based on recovery, supporting and promoting confidence to help customers to move on and live independently.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out assessment to identify and prioritize needs.
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support.
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
- Provide a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department’s policies, procedures, and approach.
- Ensure customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation.
- Set up and maintain customer files and ensure that accurate and up to date records are kept of support provided to customers in accordance with HCS policies
The successful candidate will:
- Be eager to learn and develop
- Be compassionate
- Have experience and understanding of Mental Health
- Ideally come from a strong administration background.
- Have previous experience of supporting individuals with Mental Health
- Have prior experience in a support role essential
- Have experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in writing including the preparation of letters reports & file notes.
- Have knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation, government frameworks relevant to the customer group
- Understanding of safeguarding adults
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.