Posted February 1, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Addictions Consultant Psychiatrist to work for a hospital based in North West. This is a full-time role, where you will contribute to the service to ensure that service users consistently receive high quality services that adhere to the best guidelines and achieve high professional standards.
The general working hours 37.5 per week and there are no on call requirements.
Salary: £131,408 – £141,828
Position: Addictions Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Outpatient setting
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
- Protected weekly CPD
- Paid registration fees
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training and Consultant Psychiatrist on the GMC specialist register with License to Practice
- MRCPsych or equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge of addiction psychiatry and legislation relating to Mental Health
- An understanding of the work of other agencies including non-statutory services
- Experience of working with substance misuse and mental health issues and a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
- Show a capacity to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Encouraged and supported to get involved in clinical audit and research.
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.