Posted August 15, 2023
Currently we have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Specialty Doctor to work for a private inpatient service based in the South West. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care on a 10 bed mixed acute ward.
The general working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00, with no on-call responsibilities.
Salary: £85,000 per annum
Position: Adult Acute Specialty Doctor
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Mixed acute ward
Location: South West
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Consultant on the 10 bed mixed acute ward
- Interview, assess and treat patients
- Write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Participate in developing treatment plans and programmes
- Ensure good medical practise within the MDT settings
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing by a further 2 days after 5 year’s service.)
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care
- Free Parking on site
- Supplemented meals on duty
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Long service awards
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full GMC registration
- 12 months’ adult psychiatry experience
- Relevant experience within a similar setting (preferred)
- Proven record of CPD
- Previous mental health inpatient experience desirable
- A positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development (preferred)
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act (preferred)
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent (preferred)
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.