Posted February 13, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Brain injury Consultant working for a private secure service based in the North-West, Cheshire. This is a part-time role (2 days preferably Monday & Tuesday), providing psychiatric care to 8 beds but max up to 12.
Salary: £149,000 per annum
Position: Brain injury Consultant
Hours: part-time, working 22.5 hours per week
Setting: Brain Injuries (ABI) in medium and low secure setting,
The team consists currently of 3 consultants and 2 Specialty Doctors, you will deliver clinical care to a dedicated caseload. You will have support from a dedicated supervisor and secretary team, with at least a Speciality Doctor per ward. The Consultants have experience in neuro-psychiatry, learning disability, forensic, and deafness care.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be responsible for delivering care programmes, which will see you manage physical and mental health concerns and provide individualised approaches to the care and treatment of people admitted to the hospital.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that service users have access to appropriate medical cover
- Undertaking psychiatric and external assessments for people referred to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided
- Provide oral and written evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearings
- Chairing ward rounds and CPAs
- Attendance at other relevant meetings following agreement (e.g. Staff forum, National Secure ABI forum etc)
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary plus additional car allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal within the last year
- Experience working within brain injury/ forensic/ acute services
- MRC Psych
- Section 12 (2) approval
- AC status
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfil your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.