Posted January 29, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Brain injury / Neuro Consultant working for a private secure service based in the East of England. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, providing psychiatric care to 38 beds.
Working at this hospital will give you access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals. With experience from the NHS or private sector, you will operationally manage within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, following operational and strategic objectives.
Salary: £154,000 per annum + £8,400 car allowance
Position: Brain injury / Neuro Consultant
Hours: Full time, working 37.5 hours per week
Setting: 38 bed neurological service
Location: East of England, Cambridgeshire
As a senior member of the team, you will provide leadership as you provide high-quality care, conduct unit rounds, assessment of referrals, attend Care and Treatment Reviews, Managers’ Panel Hearings and Mental Health Review Tribunals. You will be required to deliver regular supervision to junior members of the team.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of service users.
- Manage and evaluate the medical service through audits, ensuring clinical policy, practice and its application are research-based and of an excellent standard
- Work in conjunction with external stakeholders to map and facilitate the service users’ journey back into the community
- Chair ward MDT (ICR) meetings
- Ensure the adequate working of the Care Programme Approach for service users
- Involvement in the assessment of referrals and ensure that the service meets the needs of those who are appropriately admitted
- Contribute to the training, education and development of staff of all disciplines
- Participate in delivering Clinical Governance
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Medically qualified with MRCPsych or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Leadership ability
- The ability to affect change professionally and organisationally
- Understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary cases in mental and physical health
- Previous consultant experience (desirable)
- Previous experience in a management role (desirable)
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.