Posted January 30, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a CAMHS Consultant working for a private secure service based in the East of England. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to two mixed wards with 18 beds in total.
Salary: £160,000 per annum + £8,400 car allowance = £8,000 relocation
Position: CAMHS Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week – 4 or 5 working days
Setting: CAMHS consultant covering 2 mixed wards
Location: South East
Working 37.5 hours a week over 4 or 5 days alongside the multidisciplinary team, you will be the clinical expert from a medical perspective to ensure best practice care is delivered whilst supporting the team. You will also work collaboratively with NHS clinicians and commissioners.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct admission assessments and ensure effective management plans
- Conduct risk assessments and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments
- Assess physical health
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring/community teams, specialists and Commissioners.
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- To be registered on the GMC Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practise.
- Have experience of CAMHS Forensic and/or Eating Disorders (desirable)
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.