Posted February 8, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an CAMHS Consultant to work for a private inpatient service based in the West Midlands. This is a full-time role, working on a 8 bedded service for young adults aged up to 18.
Your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment, where you’re fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and a first-class multidisciplinary team (MDT).
Salary: £165,000 per annum
Position: Adult Acute
Hours: 40 hours – 4 days on site. 1 day working from home
Setting: 8 Bedded service for young adults
Location: West Midlands
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds & clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management & embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers’ hearings & attend hearings
- Participate in the 1:7 Second Telephone on-call rota
What benefits are on offer?
- Attractive salary – Negotiable (Depending on experience)
- Up to £4,000 relocation package
- 32 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave, study budget and in-house CPD/ peer group programme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme covering 3x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Research opportunities to include publishing in The Cygnet Journal (Cygnet’s co-produced peer review journal) and joining the Cygnet Research & Development Group
- Teaching opportunities including teaching medical students, teaching on the Cygnet CESR programme and Cygnet MRCPsych programme
- Opportunity to lead and participate in QI & Audit initiatives
- Company Funded Cash plan with the ability to claim up to £1000 per annum worth of benefits including free Physiotherapy, Osteopaths, Optical, dental, consultations, scans and free prescriptions
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Car leasing scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Registered on the specialist register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in CAMHS psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Lydia on 01277 286 033.