Posted January 29, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a CAMHS ED Consultant working for a private secure service based in the West Midlands. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 12 beds.
Salary: £160,000 per annum + £8,400 car allowance = £8,000 relocation
Position: CAMHS ED Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week – 4 or 5 working days
Setting: CAMHS ED consultant
Location: West Midlands
Working 37.5 hours a week over 4 or 5 days alongside the multidisciplinary team, you will be the clinical expert from a medical perspective to ensure best practice care is delivered whilst supporting the team. You will also work collaboratively with NHS clinicians and commissioners.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that people admitted are assessed, treated, and discharged safely
- Medication management
- Quality assurance, complaints and co-production
- Delivery of NICE guidance
- Lead and manage the CPA and ICR process to ensure full compliance with quality standards
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary plus £8,400 car allowance
- £8,000 relocation allowance
- Working from home once a week
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- On the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or be accepted within 6 months
- Section 12(2) approval, Approved Clinician status
- Clinical training and experience required for gaining UK CCT.
- Widespread and detailed experience of assessment and management of patients in Child and Adolescent psychiatry
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.