Posted August 29, 2023
Job title: Lead Community Nurse
Band: Band 7
Location: Basildon / Agile
Hours: Monday – Friday Shift pattern
Rates: £31 per hour
To be considered for this role you need a minimum of 6 months NHS experience within the last 2 years.
Are you an experienced Community Nurse looking for agency short term contract in the Basildon area? We’re working with an outstanding NHS Trust to recruit an individual to work a short term contact – the role is agile and office based dependant on team needs and visits to complex patients at their homes.
Responsibilities: To be responsible for organising and prioritising own and others workload in the day to
day allocation of work. To ensure effective risk management at team level by accident/incident reporting,
assessing and controlling risk and ensuring residual risks are added to the Trust register. To ensure all staff within the Locality have access to Clinical Supervision. To lead in Clinical decision making and undertake specialist holistic assessment of patient/family needs in partnership with the patient and their family/carer.
To discuss with the patient and family the implications of their medical diagnosis, offering
comprehensive explanations of treatment options with benefits and possible risks.
To work in partnership with the patient to achieve optimum levels of self-care. To
demonstrate, teach and supervise the care that families/carers can undertake safely,
advising as necessary.
Skills: Clinical Skills
- Act as an autonomous registered practitioner, legally and professional accountable for
one’s own unsupervised actions guided by the professional code of conduct, trust
guidelines and protocols.
- The post holder will hold a current NMC PIN Number.
- Responsible and accountable for service/care delivery to clients.
- Autonomously assess and develop specialist plans of care to meet the complex needs of
patients for a variety of conditions include chronic acute and palliative care patients.
Continuously assessing and evaluating and acting on outcomes and initiating referrals to
other agencies as required.
- Provide patients and relatives with information and education thus ensuring they have
meaningful choices promoting dignity, independence and quality of life.
- Responsible for patient allocation and staff rotas.
- Support new initiatives in practice.
- Influence others to ensure practice is supported by research and evidence based
practice is sought through both literature and peer review.
- Actively support colleagues and peers both formally and informally through clinical
Successful candidates will need:
- Full NMC registration
- Enhanced DBS Adult and Children
- Car driver essential
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call, ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Negotiable excellent rates of pay, with weekly payroll
- One point of contact and 24/7 out of hours support available
- We’re CPD accredited
- Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
- Benefit from our exclusive discount codes
- Referral scheme – receive up to £200 for every nurse recommendation
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today to find out more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We post a variety of new jobs every day so by registering your CV with Athona, we can keep you updated with any new job opportunities that may be better suited for you.