Posted January 29, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Eating Disorder Consultant working in a private inpatient service based in the South East. This is a Full-time role working 37.5 hours per week (Part time also considered) in which the postholder will be responsible for providing psychiatric care and leadership for 11 bedded eating disorder unit – NHS inpatients.
Salary: £160,000 per annum
Position: Eating Disorder Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week (part time considered)
Setting: Adult eating disorder unit
Location: South East
This is one WTE substantive post equivalent to 10 PAs which has become available because of the previous consultant moving to a new role. Part time/job share applications will also be considered.
The job involves providing consultant support to Adult Eating Disorders Ward which provides inpatient care for 11 NHS patients.
The MDT for the service is already in place and follows the staffing model for an adult Eating Disorder service. This includes an Occupational Therapy department; a Psychology department; a Dietician; a Social Worker; a Physical Health Lead Nurse; and the wider nursing team. Support for the role is provided by a medical secretary and full-time specialty doctor: both have been in post for several years and are very familiar with the service.
As part of the role, the post holder will join the out of hours consultant on-call rota which is one in six weeks. This is a low intensity on-call providing consultant support by telephone to the RMO. The salary for the post includes on-call commitments.
The post holder will have professional and operational accountability to the Medical Director, who is based on-site as the consultant for ward.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Holding Responsible Clinician responsibility for patients detained under the MHA
- Providing clinical leadership to the MDT in assessment, treatment and discharge planning for inpatients following the eating disorders pathway
- Weekly MDT Reviews
- CPAs, Discharge planning, community and family liaisons
- Working in collaboration with the MDT to monitor day to day progress and evaluation of treatment plans as needed
- Ensure MDT completion of agreed treatment plans
- Cross cover arrangements for annual/sickness absence
- Preparation of tribunal/hospital managers reports and attending the hearings
- Providing weekly clinical supervision to the specialty doctor.
- Participating in the Clinical Governance of the hospital, including attending meetings, being involved in Audit and Quality Improvement, and helping to develop local policies
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Current GMC registration with license to practice
- On the GMC’s specialist register
- AC approval
- Desirable Criteria
- Previous experience of working in Eating Disorders
- Experience of providing supervision
- Training as medical appraiser
- Experience of Quality Improvement Projects
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 30)
- Birthday off
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care settings.
- Free car parking
- Supplemented on site meals
- Employee benefits scheme (e.g., discounted shopping vouchers, interest free Apple Products loan scheme)
- Full onsite induction training and orientation programme
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfil your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.