Posted January 30, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Eating Disorder Consultant working for a private secure service based in the East of England. This is a full-time role over 4-5 days, working on 3 wards that empowers recovery in a fast-paced, challenging and fun environment for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders – which offers compressed hours flexibility.
Salary: £160,000 per annum
Position: Eating Disorder Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week – 4 or 5 working days
Setting: CAMHS Eating Disorders
Location: East of England
As a Consultant Psychiatrist working 37.5 hours per week over 4 or 5 days, you will deliver an evidence-based and focused treatment plan to support the children and young people aged 8-18, and their families, as they progress through their care plans to understand eating behaviours and restore physical health.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct admission assessment and ensure effective management plans of all young people on the unit
- Conduct risk assessment and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual needs
- Assess physical health
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring teams
- Facilitating regular CPA review meeting
- Act as Responsible Clinician for young people detained under the Mental Health Act
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environment
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practice
- Experience of CAMHS eating disorders desirable
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.