Posted August 15, 2023
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Forensic Associate Specialist to work for a private secure service based in the South West. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 16-20 patients with weekly Consultant supervision.
The general working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00, with no on-call responsibilities.
Salary: £85,000 per annum
Position: Forensic Associate Specialist
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Secure service
Location: South West
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Caseload of up to 16-20 patients with weekly Consultant supervision.
- Management of complex cases.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation and liaison with Ministry of Justice (depending on S12 approval and under supervision of consultant).
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients including ensuring all NHSE contractual obligations are met (e.g. timely review of assessments etc in line with KPIs).
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively.
The post holder will be required to be on-call for the hospital as per the service needs.
The post holder will be expected to help with cover for other medical colleagues during leave and other absences and this is reciprocated.
What benefits are on offer?
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.