Posted February 13, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Forensic Consultant working for a private secure service based in Yorkshire. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 21 beds across two wards in a locked rehabilitation setting.
Salary: £154,000 per annum + £8,400 car allowance + 10% pension contribution
Position: Forensic Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Locked rehabilitation setting
This permanent Consultant Psychiatrist position (37.5 hours per week) will see you join the established multidisciplinary team. The service has 21 beds across two wards in a locked rehabilitation setting providing treatment for women with mental disorders including personality disorders. The wards are well supported by a full complement of multidisciplinary team.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983).
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of patients.
- Contributing to management meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the hospital and contributing to the development of service strategy.
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior medical staff.
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements, as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies.
What benefits are on offer?
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Be medically qualified, MRC Psych or equivalent
- Be innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Have essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Have substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, knowledge of and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Have previous Consultant experience in a management role
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.